Did you know that you can make laundry detergent and cleaners from a dried berry? Introducing Soap Berries and we have a lot of them, 88 pounds to be exact. We sell these in the store in bulk and now online!
- High Saponin Contents (Soap)
- 100% Organic and eco-friendly
- 100% anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- Septic safe
- Grey water safe
- HE safe
- Place 6 berries in a small bag and place in the washing machine for warm or hot loads.
- If doing cold load place bag of berries in hot water for 2-3 mins to get the saponins working. Then place bag and "tea" that it made in the washer.
- Keep in for all loads
- Remove and hang to dry or place on top of washer.
- Can be reused 6-10 times
- Cleaner and Fabric softener in one.
- Berries will be light colored and brittle when they need composted.
- Don't have a compost? Just toss them in the yard or garden.
We sell small bags that are great for laundry use (small ones that hold 6-8 berries) or for gifts.
Liquid Cleaners & Cold Laundry Liquid Directions:
- 1 cup of water for every 8 berries (can double to 2 cups and 16 berries)
- Boil water until it has a rolling boil.
- Place berries in pot.
- Put the lid on ( Must have a lid)
- Turn off the burner.
- Let sit for at least an hour, it's okay if you go over.
- Sift the berries from the liquid
- Store in a tightly lidded container
- Store in the fridge for two weeks.
You can add essential oil if you like. This cleaner has many uses some are; shampoo, liquid laundry soap for cold cycles, clean counters, misc cleaner, etc.
Laundry - 3 tablespoon
Basic Cleaner - mix 1 part water and 1 part cleaner
Shaving Cream - Beat in mixer
Packaged in a recycled and compostable bag.