Starting off on a zero waste journey or low waste lifestyle can be very confusing. I find that easing in and going room by room when you are ready is a great organized way to start reducing your waste.
This Zero Waste Kitchen Starter Kit includes 6 of my favorite items. My husband and I use all of these on a daily basis and you save money buying them together ($9). This a thoughtful gift for a new homeowner or family.
This is what you will get with your starter kit:
- 1 Reusable Swedish Dishcloth that lasts 6-9 months and is compostable at the end of its life. We use ours for a cleaning cloth and dish cloth but they an be used as an un-paper towel. They absorb 19 times their weight!
- 1 Reclaimed Wood Soap Dish that is made in the USA. This wood dish is prefect to hold your bar dish soap. Make sure to "season" the wood with coconut oil to help you dish last longer and so that soap does not stick to it.
- Vegan Dish Soap Block that replaces a plastic bottle of dishwashing soap. This bar lasts about 6 months with daily use and is a wonderful degreaser. We even use this soap to wash our counter tops. Just place on a the wooden soap dish and use your wet brush or cloth to rub off some soap. This stuff is a game changer and very popular!
- Sisal Dish Brush is plastic free and has a replaceable head to help you reduce your waste. This also has a great long handle if you prefer to not have both your hands in the water. Depending on use these can last over a year. Make sure to dry out in between uses.
- Palm Pot scrubber work really good at getting stuck on food off without damaging your pots and pans.
- Loofah Scrubber is fantastic! I use this for all hard to get rid of food stuck on pans and even use it to clean the walls. This is our only scrubber for the bathroom as well. The ridged lines that you see in the picture are the raised part of the inside of the loofah. When these compressed loofahs are placed in water they puff up to normal size and one side is softer and one side is rougher. These last 3-6 months depending on use. The loofah can be washed in the dishwasher and placed in the microwave to kill bacteria. Compost at end of life.
- 1 Ounce of Wood Conditioner to restore your wood cutlery, utensils, cutting boards, and soap dishes. Simply rub on and buff off to protect the life of your wood items.
Products are shipping in reused boxes with reused packaging or post consumer reusable poly bags. Our labels are zero waste with the backing paper!