Okay, so you decided you need some shopping bags and have some extra t-shirts. You came to the right place. You can choose a sew or no sew options and they both take 10 minutes or less.
What you will need:
- Scissors - Fabric ones work best
- Thread & bobbin if sewing
- Smooth out T-shirt on a flat surface
- Fold lengthwise so that sleeves match up
- Cut off sleeves, creating the beginnings of handles
- Cut off t-shirt collar making a deeper neck to accommodate handles
- Turn shirt inside out
- Lay out flat shirt again and cut three inch long, 1/2 inch wide strips at the bottom.
- Ties strips together
- Tie strip to next strip over to the right
- Double ties ends
- Flip inside out and you are done.
Follow the same directions if sewing but instead of tying the bottom sew together on the shirt hem for extra strength.
Here is a you tube video to help guide you: